On Tuesday, August 28, 2018, Oklahoma will be having a runoff election for the primary we had on June 26th. Both the Republican and Democratic parties have statewide runoffs, so everyone should head to the polls and vote.
Notably the Republicans are having a runoff for Governor between Mick Cornett and Kevin Stitt. The winner of that will face Democrat Drew Edmondson in November.
Please visit ok.gov/elections and use the online voter tool to view a sample ballot. You may also have local or district runoff elections.
Independents, remember you can vote in the Democratic runoff, but not the Republican one.
- Deadline to request absentee ballot: 5 p.m. Aug. 22
- Early voting:
- Thursday, Aug. 23, 8 AM - 6 PM
- Friday, Aug. 24, 8 AM - 6 PM
- Saturday, Aug. 25, 9 AM - 2 PM
- Primary Runoff Election Day: Aug. 28. Polls are open 7 AM to 7 PM
- General Election: Nov. 6
- Last day to register to vote for the General Election is Oct. 12
You can get more information about voting at the Oklahoma Elections Board website at ok.gov/elections.